Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Holy Jackass, Batman!!!

Did Gregg Nations just bitchslap Flyer nice and good, or what?

Read the whole thing here: http://thefuselage.com/Threaded/showthread.php?t=70321

Gregg's reply:

"Ha! Well, I disagree with your reading of Kate (as humorous as it is though). A dingy, flighty, basket-case? Clueless, timid, helpless? Dumbfounded? All I can really say is that Kate is a complex character. Not every situation needs to be in-your-face screaming. Does Kate make the right decision in every situation? No, but really -- do any of our characters?

You know how sometimes people yell at the people who don't deserve it and never do at the people who do? That misplaced anger could be seen as a growth in her character. She yells at him about Karl but not about their relationship. You have to pick your fights in life, and maybe she decided it wasn't time to fight. What if her reasons for sleeping with Sawyer are complicated? What if there isn't any one good reason but a few both good and bad? Does that make her weak? I personally don't think so."


That's right, the pro-jate interpretations of Kate's character should often be seen in a largely humorous light. Glad we agree on that, brotha.

Can't wait to see how Flyer spins that reply into something positive for her and the Bubbleheads.

ETA: Can't...breathe...laughing too hard...Gregg you kill me, you really do:

http://thefuselage.com/Threaded/showthread.php?p=1402622#post1402622

His answer to Buggy Dee should be framed.

"I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words... How shippery life is now you're in the world...

You can tell everybody this is your ship. It may be quite simple but now that it's done. I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words... How shippery life is now you're in the world..."

No comments: