THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU'RE WAITING FOR LOST
The clock is ticking down to the big Finale Premiere on The Beach tonight. Here's a shot of the big screen being set up on Waikiki Beach, as seen from the hotel room window of the insanely lucky Jopinionated, who is blogging the event from Hawaii.
It's going to be a long wait, well into the night for most of us. So here's some Things To Do while you're waiting for the tweets and twitpix to start zinging through the cybersphere:
1. Watch the old bloopers on Youtube.
2. Enjoy the wit and wisdom of James "Sawyer" Ford.
3. Check out Vozzek's old IMDB Comic Strip Series. These are some real antiques, from back when Vozzek and DarkUFO were holding court in the teenage frathouse at the LOST IMDB boards. I can give credit where it's due, even when it's to a fanboy. These are funny.
4. Re-watch The Onion ode to LOST fans and resolve to be a less weird LOST fan this year.
Which reminds me that now might be a good time to review Why LOST Owes Us Nothing.
5. See if you agree that these are the 100 Questions LOST Must Answer.
6. Read some more excellent recent articles about LOST:
"Fantasy Island" from The Independent.
I love Lost the way I love fast food. I look forward to it with a sugary pang of guilt, devour it lustily and then, an hour later, find myself hollow, disappointed and regretting my former enthusiasm. Yet I keep going back for more.
Liz and Jen's chat with Jeff Jensen in The Washington Post.
Jeff Jensen: I've long cheered Sawyer and Kate. I kinda never understood what Jack sees in her. Actually, I've never understood what Kate saw in HIM--he only ever makes her feel crappy about herself. She deserves better. Someone asked earlier in the chat if I ever predicted something that came true, and yes, there is one: That Juliet would die.
It's been done with love and attention and the evident and ceaseless passion of true, red-blooded nerds, and in the end, it's going to leave holes, because it has to, because what they bit off is just that big. ... Going forward with a show, raising question after question after question, asking people to be patient about a monster for five-plus seasons, knowing that it's all going to get you a kick in the teeth from your own adoring fans someday because you have taken on more than you will ever be able to really explain? That's audacious.
7. And if all else fails ... Everybody Watch Skex!
There's still some waiting left, but not much. We're getting down to the hours and the minutes. Stay chill, fishies. Catch a livestream of The Big Event by Aloha Bruce. And come on over to The Fishelage to gab about it!